Spring flowers, green buds and yellow tarts

Spring is very much here and the forest arund mon petite island studio is brimming with sound and life.

Birds are talking non stop, flowers are covering the ground, and gray trees are busting with delight over their emerging green buds.

This time of year is so full of life, hope and anticipation.

I wake up smiling as the sun is dancing around in my bedroom and the fresh spring air is flowing through my open bedroom window.

It’s a time to come alive again;)

My trusted bike and I jet around on the island picking flowers, gathering branches, rocks and bark for props, visiting cafes and friends, and completely loving it all.

I feel like life is returning both inside and out.

I’ll admit these days are hectic, too hectic, and there is never enough time to enjoy the simple things, so after a bit of a neck breaking pace these last months, shooting and creating food stories for clients and working on my little #60daysoflunch project, I’m off on a 6 day road trip from the north of Italy down to beautiful Positano in the south.

I’m a wee bit excited and have been dancing around in my kitchen as I finished up work projects before my departure tomorrow.

I’m thrilled about the feedback in regards to the daily lunches from #60daysoflunch, and soon I’ll reveal a bit of news in regards to how you can get the recipes.

But I’m getting ahead of myself, lets just head to Italy first;)

The daily lunches will be switched up a bit as I’ll rarely have access to a kitchen on this trip, but I’ll always get the recipe for you no matter who is doing the cooking.

Stay tuned on instagram for travel updates, daily lunches and afternoon wander in the Tuscan countryside.

This entry was posted in 60 days of lunch, Food, Moss, Moss, Norway, Norway, Travel and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Spring flowers, green buds and yellow tarts

1. Kimmy says:

“I feel like life is returning both inside and out.”
    That’s exactly how I’ve been feeling, and you put that feeling into words so simply and eloquently.

Can’t wait for your Italy updates!

2. manon says:

Une jolie balade.

Belle journée

Manon

3. ArteMamma says:

Thank you for the beautiful images and words full of spring and emotions!
    Have a nice trip to Italy: here the sun is shining and the weather forecast anticipates summer temperatures for next days

4. Niru says:

Such beautiful spring images. Your kneeling amidst that ocean of flowers, makes me want to join you in bunching up those little white beauties.
    In my part of the world, we are enjoying a true Indian summer; all heat and splendor! the ceiling fan’s our best friend this time of the season :)
    Hope you’ll enjoy soaking up the sun in Italy and return to treat us with you’re lovely captures.
    Bon voyage!

5. Kajsa J. Andersen says:

Cherished post. Have you ever thought about exhibit your photographs? They would look so pretty in a gallery with brick walls. Just to break off the rough texture.

6. I baked two lemon tarts in the last couple weeks and I think I’ve cured that craving for the moment. This year more than ever, I’ve truly rejoiced at the arrival of spring. Wishing you a wonderful trip and looking forward to your lunches on the road.

7. So beautiful and yummy!

8. Ann Marie says:

Marte, your world is so beautiful. Can’t wait to see you in your element. I’ll be happy to be your assistant if you need any help with anything while I’m there :)

9. Maria says:

Yes, I do agree with Ann Marie above me, your world is magically beautiful! Thank you.. I cant wait to seeing more of your 60 days of lunch project!